Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My first KM experience

I want to talk about my very first KM experience. I can be categorized as people who don't like to participate in KM activity such as blogging. I belive there are hundred of good reasons why these people including me don't like to participate while the others do. But for me, the main reason was that I was not really used to use these KM tool. One day, friend of mine called me and asked to join to Cyworld, this web provides personal blog which is very popular in Korea. Of course, I refused at the first time, as I mentioned earlier I am not that kind of person who likes to try new things. However, she persuaded me for few days and promised me to give some cyber money to decorate my blog and put the songs in the background. Why not taking the free gift? Finally, I joined the web and had fun for few weeks. This web provides very good services to find people who lost their contacts, so I found many of my old friends and got to know their lifes. Few weeks later, I found that I know too much of other's life even the one that i'm not so close to. And I realized that anybody could see my personal life, even the one who I don't want to show. Since then, I stoped posting the photos, and used less and less.

Through this experience, I learned that there need to be a strong motivation and incentive program to encourage people to use the new tool which they are not familar with, and also to keep them use it consistently is the main challenge.

No comments: